Penny stocks are stocks that trade on the OTC and typically are trading less that a $1 a share. These microcap stocks often times lack the liquidity of stocks that trade are larger index like the Nasdaq or NYSE.
Penny Stocks are often times lack the regulation and oversight that most publicly traded companies have. Often times these stocks are manipulated by stock promoters or insiders trying to sell shares. We consider penny stocks very high risk. Now that you have been warned their are people that make a lot of money by trading penny stocks.
Penny Stocks can be traded using online brokers like E*TRADE, TD Ameritrade, And Robin Hood.
There are different classes of penny stocks:
OTCQB: These are stocks that give more transparency and filing information that OTCPink and Grey but lack the minimum requirements to be listed on a major exchange.
OTCPink: These stocks lack a lot of the filing information. Generally have unaudited financial reports and Usually have toxic funding
Grey Sheets: These stocks have failed to file with the SEC and do not have market makers.
- Penny stock trading has always been considered riskier than regular stock market trading. The reason is that these stocks are priced low and there is a lower probability of profit but if the stocks work […] The […]
- The rebound in the markets on Wednesday was a welcome boost to many investors, and it proved to be a great development for many stocks as well. Investors who look for value from among penny […] The […]
- There has always been a keen interest in penny stocks among investors due to the possibility of making significant gains within a short span of time. However, the markets are in turmoil at this point, […] The […]
- Penny stock investing may not be preferred by many new investors, but over the years it has proven to be highly lucrative, and hence, it could be worthwhile to take a closer look at these […] The […]
- Investing in biotech penny stocks can often prove to be a tricky proposition for most investors, and it is understandable since many of these stocks are well known for being volatile by nature. That being […] The […]
- The markets have been in turmoil over the past few weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic, and this week, the problems mounted due to the oil price crash. The selloff has resulted in steep declines […] The […]
- Penny stock investments can be an excellent option for investors who are new to the stock markets since it gives them the option of possibly making substantial returns from a small investment. However, it needs […] The […]
- It is often noticed that newbie investors are discouraged from investing in cheap penny stocks due to the inherent volatility of those stocks. However, in this regard, it is also important to note that investors […] The […]
- Investors who are looking to invest in penny stocks need to be a bit more careful about their picks at this time due to the volatility in the stock market. The coronavirus pandemic has unleashed […] The […]
Be the first to comment