During Tuesday’s Current trade, Shares of Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB), dropped -1.52% to $96.95.
The Menlo Park, CA-based social networking sites stock price target was raised due to the potential for video advertisements and Instagram to become Facebooks next billion-dollar business, analysts said.
As video consumption explodes across FBs massive user base, we think FB looks well positioned to capture an increasing portion of TV ad budgets as marketers migrate toward data-driven, highly-targeted online video ad campaigns, the Jeffries analysts noted.
Instagram, Facebooks photo and video sharing platform, is also poised to benefit from advertisements, analysts said, who projected Instagrams base case revenues to be $531 million in 2016 and $1.4 billion in 2017.
Facebook, Inc. is a social networking company. The Company is engaged in developing products that enables users to connect and share through mobile devices and personal computers. It offers various services focused on people, marketers and developers. It offers various platforms for people to share their opinions, ideas, photos and videos, and to engage in other activities.
Shares of Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL), gained 1.98% to $113.96, during its current trading session.
Apple® declared that ResearchKit™ is enabling new research studies on autism, epilepsy and melanoma. ResearchKit turns iPhone® into a powerful tool for medical research by assisting doctors, scientists and other researchers gather data more frequently and more accurately from participants using iPhone apps. With ResearchKit, study participants can review an interactive informed consent process, easily complete active tasks or submit survey responses, and choose how their health data is shared with researchers, making contributions to medical research easier than ever. Researchers and developers have already contributed to ResearchKit, with more than 50 researchers adding to the open source framework.
“We’re honored to work with world-class medical institutions and provide them with tools to better understand diseases and ultimately assist people lead healthier lives,�? said Jeff Williams, Apple’s senior vice president of Operations. “In just six months, ResearchKit apps studying everything from asthma and diabetes to Parkinson’s disease, are already providing insights to scientists around the world and more than 100,000 participants are choosing to contribute their data to advance science and medical research.�?
Apple Inc. (Apple) designs, manufactures and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players, and a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications.
Finally, Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE:VZ), increased 1.88%, to $45.53.
Today Verizon Communications Inc (NYSE:VZ), stated third-quarter 2015 earnings of 99 cents per share, or $1.04 per share on an adjusted basis (non-GAAP).
Verizon continues to grow earnings by delivering network reliability and superior value that continues to attract new customers, said Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam. Verizon Wireless posted another quarter of quality connections growth – even better than in the second quarter – while maintaining high customer loyalty and profitability. Meanwhile, fios customer growth also improved from the previous quarter. We expect future revenue growth from mobile over-the-top video, counting digital advertising, and the Internet of Things.
3Q 2015 highlights
- 99 cents in earnings per share (EPS) and $1.04 in adjusted EPS (non-GAAP), contrast with 89 cents per share in 3Q 2014.
- $28.4 billion year to date in cash flow from operations.
- 3 million net retail postpaid connections added in the quarter; low retail postpaid churn of 0.93 percent; 110.8 million total retail connections; 105.0 million total retail postpaid connections.
- 4 percent year-over-year enhance in total revenues; 33.3 percent operating income margin.
- 114,000 fios internet and 42,000 fios video net additions.
- Total operating revenues in third-quarter 2015 were $33.2 billion, a 5.0 percent enhance contrast with third-quarter 2014. Current-quarter revenues comprise results from AOL. The comparable year-over-year growth rate not taking into account AOL (non-GAAP) would have been 3.1 percent.
- Year-to-date merged revenue growth was 3.3 percent, after adjusting for the inclusion of AOL in the third quarter and the sale of the public sector business in 2014 (non-GAAP). On this same basis, Verizon continues to expect merged revenue growth of at least 3 percent for full-year 2015.
- New revenue streams from the Internet of Things (IoT) totaled about $175 million in third-quarter 2015 and about $495 million year to date. In August Verizon launched hum™, a telematics service that creates a smart, connected driving experience with an addressable market of 150 million vehicles in the U.S.
- Cash flow from operating activities raised to $28.4 billion at the end of third-quarter 2015, contrast with $23.2 billion at the end of third-quarter 2014. This years cash flow comprised of a non-recurring $2.4 billion related to the monetization of tower assets in the first quarter.
- Not Taking Into Account the tower transaction, free cash flow (non-GAAP, cash flow from operations less capital expenditures) totaled $13.5 billion at the end of third-quarter 2015. Verizon continues to expect full-year 2015 capital expenditures to range between $17.5 billion and $18.0 billion.
Verizon Communications Inc. (Verizon) is a holding company that, acting through its auxiliaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses and governmental agencies. Its segments comprise Wireless and Wireline.
This article is published by www.stocksnewswire.com. The content included in this article is just for informational purposes only. Stocksnewswire.com takes sensible consideration to ensure that the data given in this article is up to date and accurate. The news, prices, opinions, research, analysis, and other information published in this article are obtained from sources believed to be reliable.
Neither Stocksnewswire.com nor any of Stocksnewswire.com partners make any representation or guarantee as to the fulfillment or precision of the information contained in this article.
Investors must consult their own additional due diligence with any potential investment or highlighted company before making any decision on behalf of information offered by Stocksnewswire.com.
Information contained in this article may contains forward-looking information within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, counting statements regarding the predictable continual growth of the market for the corporation’s products, the corporation’s ability to fund its capital requirement in the near term and in the long-term; pricing pressures; etc.
Any statements that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, aims, assumptions, or future events or performance may be forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on expectations, estimates, and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. Forward looking statements may be identified with such words as expects, will, anticipates, estimates, believes, or by statements indicating certain actions may, could, should/might occur.